Saturday, August 2, 2014

New Tee Signage

I am not sure how we made it soooo long without proper tee signage.  When I arrived here as the Assistant Superintendent in May 2007, we had only a few fake tee rocks (made out of expensive Styrofoam) indicating the hole number.  Over the next 6.5 years, I watched the remaining rocks get destroyed by golf carts and the occasional rough unit.  How can you have a golf course without tee signs?  I was pretty embarrassed by our display.  By the end of the 2013 season, we had leftover funds from other project that come under in price to purchase the needed signage.  We explored all options that might fit best with our course layout and the experience that we deliver each and every day.  Being an avid golfer both on the course and laying on my couch watching the professionals play, I always notice every golf courses signage and accessories.  We ended up purchasing signs from Prestwick Golf  Group.  I wanted a hanging sign, just like what you see on TV at the tournament course.  We host over 13,000 tournament rounds each season, so I knew we needed to head in that direction.  I hope you like our new display.  I smile each day as I drive past remembering what use to be there...nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment