Roxborough Park helped us with the dig as our backhoe hydraulic pump died when we started the project. It took us a little while to get through the concrete and down to the pipe. The pipe was about 6 feet deep running under the corrugated metal pipe that moves water from 5 tee pond to 4 green pond. What we found was two glued 90's off of the 4 inch pipe that connected into a gate valve and then ran into a 4 inch tee that had a 90 on it that reduced down to a 3 inch pipe. We removed everything we found back to original blue pipe. The pipes did not line up so we used 11.25 degree fitting to make it work. It took us 3 days to complete the job including the back fill. After is was all finished it was over 6 feet deep and over 20 feet long. If I ever go back to this spot, it will be too soon.
One week later, we had another main line leak, but this time it was near 10 green in the tall native grass. We had it dug out in a few hours and had it repaired the same day. With old PVC pipe, sometimes we get burn holes in the pipe. The pictures is a perfect example of a pin hole leak. After we got it isolated, we drilled out the hole and bolted on a saddle with a 2 inch plug. I like these kind of fixes.